Time to Cut the Basil...

When my basil bush starts growing out of control, it's time for pesto! I don't always have pine nuts so I just improvise with whatever nuts I have. This time I used walnuts which seem to substitute really well. My oldest really likes it so that is what she's getting for lunch tomorrow.

Vanilla yogurt with frozen blueberries, Sliced tomatoes and green beans, Pecan brownie bite, Whole wheat pasta with homemade pesto and a ricotta heart.

I really like to make brownies in a mini muffin pan because they are the perfect size for the chics! Plus, they are a lot neater than trying to cut gooey brownies into squares.

Brownie Bites

Your fave brownie batter (any batter will do...homemade, box, pouch, whatever) prepared according to the directions
Heat oven to 350 degrees. Spray mini muffin tin with non-stick spray. Scoop a tablespoon of brownie batter into each cup. Bake 12-15 minutes. Remove from oven and cool completely in the pan. Run a knife around the edge and pop em out.

1 comments:

arkonite_babe said...

Neat blog, thanks for adding me to your blog roll :0)

Post a Comment