Brunch for Lunch

Why does breakfast food always taste so much better at lunch or dinner? My daughter certainly thinks it does, so her lunch today is a few of her favorite breakfast items.

Spinach quiche, Orange segments, Turkey sausage, Blueberry Flaxseed Pancakes with sugar free blueberry-ish syrup.

This lunch took me all of five minutes to throw together cause everything was already made and in the freezer. Usually I try to cook big batches of things and then stick em in the freezer for later. I figure if I'm already making something, why not spend a few more minutes and make more to save myself time later. The only thing I had to do was cut the orange! Simple AND healthy!

*Blueberry Flaxseed Pancakes - I'm not sure where I got this recipe, but I've had it a while and the girls love them. I serve them with sugar free syrup that has been mixed with a bit of blueberry puree.

Blueberry Flaxseed Pancakes

1 cup whole wheat pancake mix

1/4 cup ground flax seeds (not powdered)

1/2 - 3/4 cup skim milk (depending on how thick you like your pancakes)

1 egg

splash vanilla

1/2 cup blueberries

Combine all and cook on griddle sprayed with non stick spray.

As a side note, my daughter came home yesterday and said that one of the kids said, "I don't know your mom, but she sure makes good lunches!" Ha ha! I asked her if anyone ever says anything about her lunches and she said that some of the kids come over to her to see her lunch everyday. She was beaming with pride when she told me that and it makes me so so happy to know that she is proud of her lunches! That means she'll eat them more and ask to eat the hot lunch less. YAY!

One of the blogs that I read frequently http://bentolunch.blogspot.com mentioned a place in my area that carries Bento supplies. I am taking a trip over there tomorrow to check it out. I really want an egg mold (my oldest LOVES boiled eggs) and some cute accessories. I may even get a different type of Bento for my three year old (and maybe one for the hubs). Wish me luck!

You also may have noticed that my blog skin has changed. I've been experimenting with different skins, so don't be surprised if you come to visit and it looks a little different. The current on is from http://simple-blogskins.blogspot.com As the blog gets more and more traffic, it seems worth it to invest a bit of time to spruce things up a bit! Thanks for visiting!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment