Stacked Enchiladas

Tomorrow's lunch isn't the healthiest I've ever made, but at least it's all fresh, homemade, and mostly organic. (Which is more than I can say for the school's hot lunch!)


Stacked Enchiladas, White queso and tortilla chips, Red peppers, Fruit bite skewer

Love the stacked enchilada! Rolling enchiladas always seems like such a pointless waste of time. I don't mind tedious little cooking steps if it affects the taste of the dish. But, enchiladas taste the same weather you painstakingly roll them or quickly layer them in a pan. We discovered stacked enchiladas on a trip to Santa Fe a long time ago. They call them New Mexico Enchiladas and serve them with soft fried eggs on top. It sounds weird, I know, but trust me...they are DELISH! I've converted many a doubter to the "soft egg on the enchiladas fan club"! Anyway, I don't think I've rolled enchiladas since then. Normally stacked enchiladas have white onion, but the chic has been in a no white onion phase, so I used green onions instead.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Looks delicious! I love stacked enchiladas :D

Also I have given you an award that you can pick up here http://bentoforkidlet.blogspot.com/2010/01/happy-101-award.html

TayterCakes said...

LOVE stacked enchiladas! I thought my mom was just to lazy to roll them up, hah. Guess she was on to something.

RLR said...

You may have answered this before, but is the chic able to heat up her lunch? My kids (or rather, their teachers) aren't allowed to heat lunches, so they usually eat cool to room temp lunches. I do send a thermos sometimes - of course, whatever goes in there has to resist getting soggy, which is a bit limiting. Would be interested in any suggestions....

Michelle said...

RLR- Yes she is able to heat things in a microwave. I have found that aluminum foil has some surprisingly good thermal capabilities. Not sure if that would be any better than the thermos, but still an option. Pastas and stir frys also do really well in the thermos!

Jenn- THANK YOU!!

Happy Little Bento said...

Hi!
I know you got this award but I love your blog so I'm giving you another one!
-Sheri

http://happylittlebento.blogspot.com/2010/01/happy-101-blog-award.html

RLR said...

Michelle - Thanks for the tips!

Post a Comment