Goldilocks and The Three Bears

I can't believe I only made three lunches last week! Between a "Bad Weather Day" and Chinese food in the dining hall, I ended up with a pretty short week of lunches. Talk about easing myself back from Winter Break!

The chic is getting back into the swing of things at school, though. Her class is learning about fairy tales and she has become particularly fond of "Goldilocks and The Three Bears". She has told us this story at the dinner table almost every night this week. And it's not the short version...it's the long, detailed, every last event retold in excrutiating...ahem...I mean, glorious detail. I have to admit, though, that she's a pretty darn good story teller...even the fifth retelling! Anyway, her lunch for tomorrow is based on this story.


Three Bears on ham and cheese flowers, Cucumber and cheese Goldilocks with Cucumber slices, Fruit Bites topped with Gummy Bears.

The bears were whole wheat bread, Carrot ears, Mozzarella and Nori eyes, Red pepper mouths (I guess you can call them mouths??) and Raisin noses. Momma bear has a Red pepper bow.
Goldilocks was made with cucumber, Red pepper smile, Nori eyes, Gouda cheese hair, and a Carrot bow. (I wish I would've had some yellow pepper for the hair!)

I must admit that this took me an hour and made a huge mess. I ain't gonna lie! I had this vision in my head when I started, but it didn't all come together exactly like I imagined it (or as quickly) but once I started it, there was no turning back!

2 comments:

Leslie B said...

That is the cutest one ever! Love it!!

Lia Chen said...

This bento is really cute with a story in it :)

Post a Comment